How hypnosis can help ease jetlag symptoms and get you moving again
Jetlag can be a real pain. Especially if you travel frequently and have to work soon after you arrive.
Jetlag causes irregular sleep patterns, insomnia, fatigue, confusion and disorientation, irritability, headaches, nausea, dehydration and loss of appetite.
It’s been said that one day of recovery time is needed for every one hour time zone crossed. That’s not great for the start of your vacation or if you have to do business.
What is jetlag?
Jetlag is caused by crossing time zones during air travel. It’s really a symptom of the disruption of your body’s circadian (day/night-light/dark) cycle which controls the timing of bodily functions such as when you sleep and eat.
Other contributing factors to jetlag are the dry atmosphere of planes and the lack of fresh air, the discomfort from cramped conditions, swelling caused by cabin pressure, food and drink consumed in transit (which can mess up your appetite at destination) and the direction of travel.
Practical measures to reduce jet lag include:
- Drinking plenty of water
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid caffeine based drinks
- Get as much exercise as possible by stretching in your seat and walking up and down the plane
- Adjusting your watch to the destination time to psychologically adjust
- Once you arrive have a shower
- Try to adapt to the new time zone as fast as possible by exposing yourself as much as you can to the sun to adjust to the new environment and staying up and going to bed at an appropriate time for the new time zone even if this means staying up
Because of the deep relaxation created by hypnosis, it’s a great way to rest and recuperate during or after a long flight. Plus, the Overcome Jetlag session contains suggestions to re-tune your body quickly and comfortably. We recommend you relax to his session before you fly (in mid air) and on your arrival just before you go to sleep.
Download Overcome Jetlag now and get some deeply relaxed recuperation next time you fly. You can listen on your computer or device or via our free app which you can access when you have completed your purchase.