Stay Calm when Dealing with Office Politics
Develop the inner resources to better understand and respond to conflicts in the workplace
Is there a culture of cliques, rivalries, backstabbing and one-upmanship in your workplace?
Do you wish you were better able to understand and overcome the difficulties and conflicts of office politics?
Dealing with office politics is one of the hardest parts of any job. The unfortunate reality is that simply being good at your job is often not enough. To thrive in the workplace, you need to not only successfully complete the work you’ve been assigned, but also navigate the complex landscape of human interaction.
We humans are essentially just highly evolved primates, so it’s really no wonder that we can sometimes descend into chest beating and rivalry. We all have a deep, primal need for a sense of status and also for attention, and there’s nothing wrong with trying to meet those needs in the workplace. But things can get nasty when we resort to undermining or sabotaging others in order to do so.
How to deal (calmly) with office politics
It can be tempting to respond to bad behavior with more bad behavior, but if you want to actually see an improvement in the culture of your workplace this is no way to go about it. Don’t descend to their level.
Instead, be the adult and lead by example.
- Calmly record conflicts and inappropriate behavior so that you can refer back to them later if it comes to it.
- Take care to make sure your superiors know how much work you’re putting in and what you’ve achieved so that others can’t take credit for it or make false accusations.
- Let people know when their behavior is inappropriate.
- Consider your options if the situation doesn’t improve. If none of the above strategies work, you may need to make a formal complaint or consider moving jobs.
It can also be very helpful to remember that office politics are just one small aspect of a wider, more diverse life. Deal with office politics when they arise, but try to compartmentalize them so that you can enjoy the work itself as well as your life outside work.
How hypnosis can help you survive and thrive in the workplace
Through hypnosis, you can start to build and internalize the skills to calmly and confidently respond to interpersonal conflicts and difficulties in the workplace, but also to keep these situations firmly separated from the rest of your life. In this way, you can maintain a positive approach to life even when your work situation is problematic.
Dealing with Office Politics is an audio hypnosis session that will help you develop the inner resources to understand and deal with office politics more effectively.
As you relax and listen repeatedly to your session, you’ll notice that you:
- Feel calmer and more confident when conflicts arise at work
- Feel clearer about how you will deal with office politics
- Are more understanding of others’ behavior in the workplace
- Find more enjoyment and satisfaction in your work
- Can separate office politics from the rest of your life.
Download Dealing with Office Politics now and start to build a more positive work environment for yourself. You can listen on your computer or device or via our free app which you can access when you have completed your purchase.